Is your sweet tooth craving some delicious baked treats? Well, we’ve got you covered. Here’s our recipe for Shortbread Cookies – a buttery Scottish delight which can be made using just 5 ingredients. The recipe is so simple, even beginners can bake them. It’s easy, peasy, lemon squeezy! Let the fun begin:
You will knead:
Refined Wheat Flour (Maida) – 234 g
Butter (softened at room temp.) – 182 g
Castor Sugar – 77 g
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Salt – ½ tsp
How to make:
- Cream the butter and castor sugar together in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer until the sugar dissolves in the butter and the mixture turns fluffy and pale yellow. Stop at this point and do not over-cream the mixture or this will lead to hard, dense cookies.
- Add the salt and vanilla essence to the creamed butter-sugar mixture and mix well.
- Finally, add the refined wheat flour and mix until slightly incorporated.
- Transfer the entire mixture onto a clean kitchen counter or bench and knead it well with your hands until it forms a soft dough ball.
- Place the dough between two parchment papers and flatten it with a rolling pin to get a thickness of around 7 mm.
- Keep this sheeted dough in the fridge for 2 hours or in the freezer for 30 minutes until slightly hardened. This is so that the dough doesn’t fall apart and can be handled more easily while cutting the cookies and transferring them to a baking tray.
- Preheat your oven to 180 ˚C (350 F).
- Take the chilled, sheeted cookie dough and cut out cookies with cookie cutters of desired shape.
- Place the cut cookies on a baking tray lined with a parchment paper or silicone mat and bake them in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the edges start to brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer to a different tray or plate for cooling.
- Your delicious Shortbread Cookies are ready to be devoured!
You can also jazz these beauties up by icing them with chocolate ganache or royal icing. You could even turn them into a sandwich cookie by putting some strawberry jam between two cookies and sandwiching them together. Rest assured, however you decide to amp them up, they will taste heavenly!
Read here : BEAUTIFUL SOURDOUGH MORNINGS
Read here : Our Desi Sourdough Favours Recipe0