There probably exists no one in this world who has tasted a good Brioche and not loved it. It is such a beautiful, rich and decadent bread which is so incredibly light and fluffy as well. Seriously, whichever French baker created this wonderful bread, we will forever be grateful to them. Brioche is such a versatile bread. It can be used for both sweet and savoury dishes. In terms of sweet dishes, you can make French toast, bread pudding or even eat it by itself – that’s just how tasty Brioche is.
Brioche can also be used to make amazing grilled, open or cold sandwiches in a savoury context. It also tastes great with eggs so you can use it for your daily ‘eggs and toast’ breakfast. Brioche also goes well with luncheon or deli meats like ham, bacon etc. Here are a few easy peasy recipes for you to try with Brioche bread:
Egg in a Hole
- Bacon – 4 Slices
- Parsley or Chives
- Eggs – 8 pcs
- TBD’s Brioche Bread – 8 slices
- Softened Butter – 2 tbsp
- Grease your pan with oil.
- With a round cutter hole your thick slice of brioche.
- Place a cube of butter in the middle of the hole
- Break an egg into this hole
- Top it with Bacon pieces, chives and parsley.
- Bake it until the bread becomes golden brown and crisp
Cheesy Egg Brioche Sandwich
- Caramelized onions – ½ Tbsp
- Cheese Slice – 1 or 2
- Creamy Scrambled Eggs – 2 Tbsp
- TBD’s Brioche Bread
- Wrap all this in between 2 slices of your toasted buttery brioche.
- Milk – 2 cups
- Unsalted Butter – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Sugar – ⅓ cups
- Pinch of Salt
- TBD’s Brioche Bread , (cut into 1 inch size) – 5 to 6 cups
- Eggs – 2
- Pre – heat the oven to 180 ℃ (350 ℉).
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm milk, softened butter, vanilla essence, salt and sugar. Continue cooking until the butter melts. Then let it cool for sometime. Meanwhile, butter a baking tray of 4 or 6 cup capacity and fill it with cubed bread.
- Add eggs to the cooled milk mixture and whisk; pour this mixture over the brioche cubes and bake it for 30 minutes, or until the custard is set, little wobbly and edges of bread have browned. Serve warm or at room temperature.